As the U.S. inceases vaccinations, many states are slowly opening up. However, Dr. Fauci and the CDC apparently are not too happy that citizens are finally getting liberties back.
On Face the Nation, White House Health Advisor Dr. Fauci warned young children, the group least affected by COVID-19, to wear their masks when playing with other children unless vaccinated.
Meanwhile, the new CDC director, Rochelle Walensky, went ‘off-script’ during her conference, warning the audience of an impending “COVID Doom.”
What they’re saying:
- Fauci: “When the children go out into the community, you want them to continue to wear masks when they’re interacting with groups or multiple households,”
- The new CDC director, Rochelle Walensky in today’s conference pleading for people to keep obeying the restrictions amidst a spike in Michigan and South Dakota:
- “Right now, I’m scared” “I’m speaking today not necessarily as your CDC director, but as a wife, as a mother, as a daughter to ask you to just please hold on a little while longer.”
Why it matters:
Dr. Fauci and the CDC’s fearmongering, coupled with strict restrictions, have not been more effective than measures attempted in states without mandates.
- Texas, which has reopened 100% and lifted all restrictions two weeks ago, has shown the lowest Covid 19 positive rates consecutively for 17 days.
Vaccines for children are still currently on trial:
- According to ABC, Pfizer and Moderna recently started a covid vaccine trial on children age 12 to 15 and 15 to 17. They are expecting the data to be available by June.