During the 2020 presidential campaign, one of Joe Biden’s key promises was to heal America’s racial and political divide. The then-candidate said that President Trump’s rhetoric was to blame for America becoming “a battlefield riven by old resentments and fresh fears.”
Although many who voted for the former vice president were hopeful that Trump’s departure and Biden’s experience would calm angry voices and lead to workable solutions, riots in liberal cities by groups aligned with the left have, since late January, been a regular occurrence.
It is uncertain what plans the Biden administration has in place to bring peace to the streets. Incidents so far have included the following:
1. On February 6th, Black Lives Matter and Antifa forces marched through Washington DC, attempting to assault a police officer and chanting “burn it down.”
2. In late January, Antifa attacked the first-ever Starbucks location in Seattle, smashing windows, burning an American flag, and painting profane graffiti at the site.
3. On February 1st in Rochester, New York, a city that has been a focal point of domestic terrorism over the last year, rioters attacked a police station. In early September, leftist BLM activists in Rochester surrounded and threatened restaurant diners.
4. In late January, armed leftist insurrectionists attempted to take over a building in the Washington State Capital, Olympia.
5. Last Saturday, illegal-immigration advocates smashed up businesses in Portland, Oregon. They broke windows and left profanity-laced messages spray-painted on buildings. Underage minors may have been recruited to join the violent demonstrations, with one minor being arrested.
6. In January, radical forces carried a banner through the streets with an image of an AK-47 automatic rifle, saying that they wanted “revenge.” They chased away police before crowding around an overturned vehicle.
Numerous additional incidents, similar to those above, have been reported from around the country. The administration has not been able, thus far, to quell the mounting violence, as the media continues to ignore it.