PEW: Majority of Young Americans are Living at Parents’ House


Don't Let Big Tech Win!

Don't Let Big Tech Win!

Sign up for breaking news alerts and cut through the censorship ⬇️


According to a recently released study conducted by the Pew Research Center, a record number of Young Adults are living at home with their parents in the United States, and abroad as well. 52 percent of young adults (defined by 18 to 29-year old’s) are living at home with at least one of their parents during the Coronavirus pandemic. 

The record numbers were brought on starting in late February and early March when the pandemic was at its beginning when businesses started shutting down and shedding jobs using the pandemic as an excuse.  

The study found that those affected the most were the youngest in the 18 to 29 range, 18 to 24-year old’s, and have been in the age range that has been devastated by the economic consequences of job cuts, and the shift from jobs in the workplace to those that are mostly virtual and done through applications like Zoom and Skype. 

Numerous sectors of the business world were hit hardest by the shutdowns, including the retail sector which saw many stores shut for a period of time during the height of the pandemic, and the restaurant industry which saw many restaurants shift to delivery-only service in the beginning, and then to outdoor service which saw them restrict the capacity of people allowed to dine-in. 

The latest stats available show that over 200,000 Americans have died because of the Coronavirus, but only 6 percent have had Covid-19 listed on their death certificate as being the only cause of death. The other 94 percent have had other ailments contributing to their death in connection with COVID.

States have continued to try to balance the re-openings of businesses and schools, as Coronavirus cases have spiked again in hotspots like New York City.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *